I am writing this in Copenhagen where we arrived yesterday. This are the first impressions from the capital of Denmark:
– the weather is much colder than I was expecting for mid May, it feels like January in Lisbon
– the city is small with 1.2m people
– everyone is riding bikes, even more than in Amsterdam, so they say. There are all kinds of bikes including cargo bikes and others prepared to transport small kids. Every street seems to have a bike lane
– people are not afraid of the elements (how could they, really?) they are outside with small kids even if is raining and cold
– most buildings are old but well preserved
– food is much more expensive than in Portugal – maybe 30/50% more
– lots of people run (again even if is raining). I did 10km in the morning and there were lots of people running in the rain around the lakes
– the city feels safe even if I have not seen any police
– it is somewhat similar to Vienna but in a more bohemian style.
– the iPhone market share must be huge. Almost any mobile we saw was an iPhone
– I wrote it is an expensive town. It is veryyy expensive. Don’t expect a decent dinner for less than 30/35€ per person
– about cars a 2.4 Volvo XC90 costs more than 110k€
– and housing buildings are generally very old for our standard. We’ve seem the real estate ads and there are many houses on sale built on or before 1900!