After about 10 weeks with this idea drilling my head very often I have finally committed to it. Upon completing the Half Ironman in Lisboa getting back to training was not so easy. It was not that I wouldn’t want to train or anything, but I felt like I needed additional motivation to keep me focused (everyone’s knows that it is easier when you have a goal).
Of course the Ironman was the thing hitting my thoughts so after giving it a long thought and setting things up with my loving partner I decided to throw myself forward (hoping to hit the ground running 😉
So if everything goes according to the plan, in about 11 months I should be arriving in Frankfurt for the Ironman.
Until then there are lots of things to sort. My main worries right now are:
- creating a training plan which can fit my family and business agenda
- deciding whether I should go for a “time trial”bike
- checking out logistics to travel with the bike
- advancing my swimming skills to go longer and faster
- increasing a lot my cycling endurance and power.
I will be updating the blog as I sort this stuff out.
Meanwhile it seems like I will also be entering Cascais / Lisboa marathon in October, for which the timing is just right for a strong season start.